I’m Shannon, and I live in the suburbs of Washington, D.C. with my family and our rambunctious Golden Retrievers, Duke and Casey.
I’m a college student juggling classes and doctors appointments.
I live for all things related to Stephen Colbert and Mindy Kaling. I adore independent musicians (namely/especially Jenny Owen Youngs) as they let me talk to them after shows and hug them.
When my health and schedule allows, I try to see as many tapings of late night shows as possible–some people are concert junkies, I’m all about comedy shows.
I have Hyperadrenergic POTS (Dysautonomia), EDS Type 3 (Hypermobility Type), IBS, ADHD (without Hyperactivity), OCD, Anxiety, and Depression sprinkled in for good measure. (You can read my overly detailed diagnosis story here.)
While this might be an abundance of information for some, I’ve spent a long time keeping some parts of me secret for fear of being judged. Stigma sucks. I’m done with it.
Some things I love:
- air conditioning
- browsing Etsy for hours even though I can’t afford anything
- micro-fleece blankets
- sending unexpected pictures of celebrities, politicians, and animals to friends
- trashy TV marathons with friends
- using the “oh my doctor told me to get more salt in my diet” excuse for whatever I eat
- yoga pants
- dressing up my dogs on Halloween:
Some things I abhor:
- bad battery life on phones and laptops
- doing laundry
- sitting still and upright
- not having a turquoise (or a variety of) awareness ribbon emoji(s) (It’s 2015, Apple. C’mon.)